Monday, June 11, 2012

Spin a good yarn

I have always loved making gifts for people; it combines my love for craftiness and my love for giving gifts.  Being on the tight next to nothing budget that we are on, I don't give gifts as much as I would like simply because we don't have the money.  For my friend Sarah, though, I had to get her something!  She is one of my besties and her birthday is coming up at the end of this month so I had to think of something I could make for her.  Sarah is a huge Auburn fan--War Eagle!--so when I saw this idea on Pinterest I knew I had to whip up something similar for her. Enter, the Auburn Yarn Wreath:

Step One:  Wrap yarn around wreath frame.  I wanted navy yarn, but as I was on a budget and was shopping at the Dollar Tree, and all they had was this color blue, that's what I went with.  Some of the tutorials I read before doing this said it took people 4+ hours to wrap their wreath, to which I say either they were using their feet instead of their fingers, or their frame was the diameter of a small planet, because wrapping mine took me about one and a half episodes of "Two and a Half Men".  

The finished project.

Next step was turning 4 pieces of felt (one of the cheapest wonders ever sold at a craft store) into flowers.  I used the tutorial here  and it was oh so easy.

Who knew you could get a cute little rose out of a rectangle of felt?

Next I took my handy hot glue gun and glued the flowers on.  Easy peesy!


Ta-Da!  Hope she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment