Thursday, July 12, 2012

Hair tips

If you are on Pinterest at all, you have probably seen hair styles and tutorials from this lovely lady:


Her name is Kate and her blog, The Small Things, is the best blog for hair tutorials.  Now, I will be the first to admit that I am not one of those cute girls who always has good looking hair and makeup.  Quite the contrary, actually.  I've learned a lot over the years but right now, at 30, I am probably about where most girls are at age 16 in the beauty department.  Kate's blog has been a great help.  I've tried out quite a few of her styles and tips and have been really impressed with how they turned out.  (Granted, my hair texture is a lot like hers, so I'm sure that helps).  I recently followed Kate's tutorial in how to curl your hair with a curling iron.  Here's how her hair turned out:


And here is how mine turned out:




Not bad, huh?  Granted, her hair looks amazing, and mine only okay  But I liked the results.  For all of Kate's tutorials, check out this page.  Her tutorial on how to trim your own bangs is good, too.  Happy Hair Days!

6 comments:

  1. You look great! I think you did a fantastic job. I'm behind in the hair dept., too. I admire ladies who have the know how.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You should definitely check out Kate's blog...she is AMAZING! And her video tutorials are really well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I like Kate's hair tutorials too. Yours looks fantastic! It seems like you and I have a similar hair texture. Definitely more fine than Kate's, which changes the look a bit. Cute cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fine hair definitely makes it harder to follow some hair tutorials--I love that Kate's is close enough that her stuff actually works on me :)

      Delete
  4. I am a bit challenged in the "how to style hair" dept! I have a 13 year old daughter that I need to show this blog to! She loves that kind of thing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are tons of video tutorials on her blog she should check out. I think I'm so "challenged" because I never learned when I was younger how to handle my hair. Hopefully your daughter will be better than us! :)

      Delete