Wednesday, September 26, 2012

How Houses are Like Boys

House hunting is emotionally exhausting.  It reminds me of dating.  You think you've found the one for you, when BAM! --it goes to someone else who has more to offer.

photo courtesy of Clker.com
We've been outbid twice now.  Which really, is not that huge of a deal.  We've only been house hunting for a  little over a month.  It's not uncommon for people to search for months and months.  So, it's not bad.  It's just that I never expected it to drain me emotionally like this.  Our budget isn't big, so that makes things harder.  We are not looking for a forever home, and our list of what we want isn't long or detailed.  Learning of our second outbidding yesterday really upset me.

My sweet husband reminded me that we have everything we need right now.  A roof over our heads.  We're both working.  We're saving money for a house and working at paying off our debts as quickly as possible.  He's right.  If a year from now we're still without a house of our own, that's OK.  We will trust that God has us where His best is.

Oh, what an Israelite I am!  Manna falls from heaven every day, but still I worry about tomorrow.  God has never not been faithful to me, yet still I panic and worry, "Will it rain manna tomorrow?"  Oh how I have prayed for forgiveness of my sin of unbelief lately!  God is good, and I know it.  I am trying to let go of my plans and surrender my dreams to God.  He has proved Himself over and over to me.  How silly I am when I don't trust Him.  How thankful I am that I have my husband to help me keep my faith when I am so prone to doubt.

For now, we'll keep praying for the right house in the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment