Friday, September 28, 2012

Upcoming Projects

There is something about this time of year that makes my craftiness come out with fervor.  Do you ever get that way?  I think Pinterest just adds to the itch too, because oh my, I find so many things on there that I want to try!

Currently I am working on getting my scrapbook up to date.  I'm almost done (thank heavens!).  I do enjoy scrapbooking but it gets a little overwhelming when I get a year behind :)  Right now, finishing that project is taking priority (and all my available space), so another reason I am anxious to get it done is so I can clear out space and start other projects.

I have learned something about myself recently, and that is that I have to plan out fun time, whether it's crafting or cooking or just sitting down and reading a book.  I'm so type A and so to-do list oriented, that I often neglect the things that I want to do for the things that I need to do or should do.

Here are a few things I found on Pinterest that I am excited to try:


My mom taught me how to cross stitch when I was a girl and I have done some embroidery before.  I find it to be very therapeutic.  I found this little lovely over at Freckled Nest.  She has tons of great ideas and projects on her site.  I think this would be a cute gift or decor for a cute kitchen or little girl's room.



I am a big fan of making my own cleaners and soaps. To date I have made my own laundry detergent, fabric softener, face wash, body wash, lotion, and hand soap.  I found this idea for DIY cleaning wipes at Fabulessly Frugal.  She has some great recipes for all natural cleaners.  I love the idea of wipes because they are so handy and convenient.  And sometimes I have something I want to clean up that I can throw away and not gunk up one of my rags.


My friend Rachel gave me her old sewing machine, and I am so excited to learn how to use it. It will be the first thing to come out when the scrapbooking supplies are put away.  My mom was a fantastic seamstress, and I would love to learn how to sew some things for myself.  These place mats from Dana Made It seem simple enough for a novice like me.  Her site has some adorable ideas!  I pinned a lot from there the other night.  Hopefully sewing is something I can practice and eventually get proficient at.


Homemade Greek Yogurt is something I definitely cannot wait to try!  I love Greek yogurt.  It's definitely an acquired taste, but worth it because man oh man, is this stuff good for you!  It's also insanely expensive!  $7 for a big tub.  Our crockpot just died so I was excited when I found this recipe courtesy of In the Little Red House that doesn't require a crockpot.  I'll let you know how this turns out.



Fall is the season for pumpkin, and I love pumpkin everything!  Sarah's pumpkin cookies from Cooking on Clover Lane look fantastic!  I look forward to whipping up a bunch of these soon!

What projects have you been wanting to try?









No comments:

Post a Comment