Friday, October 19, 2012

Blast from the Past

My husband and I frequently comment that there are no good shows for kids on TV anymore.  I have plans to buy Looney Tunes on DVD when we have kids.

I was perusing Youtube the other day for cartoons I loved as a kid.  Talk about a walk down memory lane!

Dumbo's Circus was one of my all time favorites when I was little.  Loved it!

Does anyone else remember "Welcome to Pooh Corner"?  So much better than the animated cartoon!


Gummi Bears!  I used to watch this every Saturday morning as a kid.  I'm proud to say that I can still sing the song word for word!

We didn't have cable growing up, so when we went to my mamaw and papaw's, I loved watching Nickelodeon.  My very favorite cartoon of all time was "Inspector Gadget".

David the Gnome!  This intro song is such a flashback to the 80's!  As a side note, ever notice that no shows have good original theme songs anymore?  I miss those days!

Muppet Babies!  I am a lifelong Muppets fan.  I loved how you only saw Nanny's striped socks.  Makes me think of this:

From Coolest Handmade Costumes



Hands down, one of the coolest costumes ever.  If you don't get it, you're too young!  And you missed out on some great cartoons growing up!


Ducktales!  (Woo Ooo....)

Rescue Rangers (Ch-Ch-Ch-Chip and Dale!)

I could really keep going forever....such good shows!  Thank you Youtube for that Blast from the Past!

No comments:

Post a Comment