Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Favorite Things

Call me nuts, but I love posts people do about their favorite products.  It reveals a lot about a person.  Plus, I love learning about new things I've never tried before.  So, here is a current list of my favorite things.




Dr. Bronner's Liquid Soap- I have been trying to switch to all natural home/hygiene products and this stuff is awesome, and you can use it in so many ways.  I dilute it down and use it as facewash at the gym, and body wash at home.  Sometimes I add drops of grapefruit essential oil to make it smell yummy.  They sell different scents, but this Baby Mild is my favorite because it doesn't have a scent, so it's OK if I mix it with other things.  I have super sensitive (and acne prone) skin, and this has been great.  Keeps me from getting dried out.  I paid about $15 for a big bottle at Target (in the beauty section), but because I diluted it it's only half way gone, and I bought it about 5 months ago.


American Dreams on DVD- Did you ever watch this show?  I only watched the first season when it was on because I shut off my cable shortly after, but I loved it.  I bought a used season 1 off of amazon for $8 (score!).  I love how current artists would do the parts of the performers on Bandstand on the show; so clever.  It is a mystery to me why good shows like this don't stick around for longer.


International Delight Iced Coffee- My stars, this stuff is so darn good.  I try not to indulge too often because let's face it, sugar laden caffeine isn't exactly healthy (plus fancy packaged foods like this aren't cheap!).  But, when I do indulge in this, I enjoy every minute of it.  So good!

Memories on Clover Lane is one of my favorite blogs to read.  Sarah, mother of 6, is the creator and author of this little gem.  I love her posts because it's just a blog about her life, and I love the authenticity of it.  She isn't trying to use gimmicks to get you to read.  She has so much wisdom, and I love everything she writes.  Go check her out!

Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Caramel- I am a sucker for (really addict of) lip balms and chapstick.  Usually I stick to Chapstick because it doesn't make my lips sticky.  This stuff from Burt's Bees is awesome though.  I like the color and shimmer and hint of mint in it.  I got this tube in a Burt's Bees grab bag I ordered online for $15 back in the spring.  This guy has lasted me quite some time.  I will definitely purchase another when he runs out.


"It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" is a Halloween classic.  I have to watch it every year (on my original VHS tape..that's vintage right there*)

This is also a classic Halloween watch.  The "It's a Grand Pumpkin, Milhouse" is hilarious and brilliant.  "You roast the unborn?"  I never in a million years would have thought that I would love anything associated with the Simpsons.  This however, is awesome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment