Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Lately

  • I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies this week compliments of The Striped Flamingo.  (note; the amount of butter was left out of her recipe; I added 3/4 a cup and they turned out great).  These little guys are amazing!  Perfect for this time of year.  Not so perfect if I want to fit into my current size pants a month from now.
  • I'm co-leading a small group of 7th grade girls this year at church.  So far, I absolutely love it.  They are all dolls, and I get so excited thinking about the women of God they have the potential to become.  I love investing in the next generation!
  • I have gotten back into working in the nursery at church.  I nannied for years but haven't done it in a while, and I have forgotten how much I love working with little people!  Childcare is a profession that often gets looked down on, but God has been showing me lately that I have a true love and talent for caring for children.  (plus, other people's babies are good Tylenol for my raging baby fever)
  • Work is, well, work.  Some days are OK, some days I swear I am going to throw my stapler at one of the pastors I work with.  All in all, I enjoy it, and I'm so thankful to be working a full time job.
  • Christmas is coming (I know, it's months away, but I like to get planning early).  We try to keep our Christmas costs really low, so usually don't do much.  Part of me would really love to do a photo Christmas card to send to loved ones this year.  Maybe we'll have to get a friend to take some pics of us sometime or something?  I would love to get some new pics of us done.  We'll see what I do with this idea as time gets closer.
  • I'm back at the gym and man, it feels good!  I hate getting up to go first thing in the morning, but it makes me feel so much better when I do!  I keep telling myself I'll try out some of the evening classes, but as of yet that hasn't happened.  I think I just like coming home too much.  Do I sound like an old lady or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment