Monday, October 15, 2012

On My Bookshelf

Here are some things I have been reading lately:


"The Secret", by Beverly Lewis.  This is the first book in a three part series.  I love Beverly Lewis.  She is a Christian author who writes about Amish people.  Sounds boring, huh?  They're not.  They are fantastic!  This one was definitely one of my favorites of hers.  I am already on book 2, and went ahead and checked out book 3 knowing I would go through them both quickly.


"The Time Keeper", by Mitch Albom.  Loved this one.  It's a fable about the man who became Father Time, and the punishment he is given for trying to measure time. A fantastic read (and short one) that really makes you think about time and our obsession with wanting more and rushing through life.




"My Life in France", by Julia Child.  This is one of my all time favorites.  I re-read it all the time.  It's Julia Child's story of her time in France, and how she got started cooking.  It's a great story (and a real one!).  I am slightly obsessed with Julia Child.  I like to talk like her when I cook.  It's pretty epic.  You should be jealous that you don't get a front row seat in my kitchen to see my antics.




"Blue Christmas", by Mary Kay Andrews.  This was so cute!   Mary Kay Andrews writes novels about Southern women, and they're always good, entertaining stories.  I've read quite a few of hers.  This one just may be my favorite.


What's been on your bookshelf lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment