Wednesday, November 28, 2012

DIY Mickey Mouse Wreath

I was so excited to make this last week!

My in-laws work at Disney part time and love all things Disney.  I saw this idea somewhere on the Internet (I tried to find the site I saw it on but couldn't find it again; if this is your original creation please claim it!).  I knew that it would be a fun DIY to make for them for Christmas this year!


This was so easy to make.  I bought 2 Styrofoam wreaths; 2 small and one large at Hobby Lobby (make sure to use the 40% coupon they always have!).  I marked off where I wanted the color sections to be so that they would be evenly spaced, then just wrapped yarn around it.  (Hint:  I would put the starting end perpendicular to how I was wrapping the yarn, so that the tail was secured by the wraps, if that makes sense at all).

Once they were all done I used toothpicks and tacky glue to attach the 2 smaller ones to the large one.  Let it dry, tie it with a ribbon, and there you go!

This would be so cute hanging on a door, though I think I would put it on the inside of the door and not the outside, because yarn and Styrofoam aren't exactly built to last in the elements of the outdoors.

Happy crafting!

Linking up at:
Grace at Home


2 comments:

  1. That is just adorable, Amanda! I'm sure they loved it, who wouldn't....lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! My mother-in-law loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete