Monday, November 26, 2012

DIY White Chocolate Mocha

If I were wealthy, I think I would be in danger of developing diabetes because of excessive trips to Starbucks.  I so enjoy Starbucks, especially this time of year ("White Peppermint Mocha's Anonymous", does that group exist?  It should).

Starbucks is definitely an expensive luxury though; nearly $5 for a cup of something to drink that isn't liquid gold or the tonic of  immortal youth and beauty is just a bit excessive.

So, imagine my delight when I ran across a recipe via Pinterest for a do it yourself version of a white chocolate mocha.  I was off of work this past Friday so decided to give it a whirl.

First, melt the white chocolate and milk on a double boiler (or a glass bowl over a pan of water, which is always my stand by "double boiler").  I was doing this while my coffeemaker so graciously made my coffee for me.

 You can't go wrong with Reddi-whip.  I'm sure it's full of things that I shouldn't be putting in my body.  But, since I've never smoked and drank less than a dozen times in my life, I figure I could do worse than an occasional Reddi-whip indulgence.


 Ah, looks yummy, but we're not done yet!

Chocolate drizzle just makes everything better.  :)

This drink was so good, and so stinkin' easy!  Get the recipe at Mommy's Kitchen--you'll be sorry if you don't!

Happy Mocha Drinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment