Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Turkey Day!

Happy Thanksgiving Week! 


Don't you think Thanksgiving must feel like the middle child of holidays?  Big brother Christmas definitely is where the attention is 'cause he's popular and well known and nice to everyone.  Then little sister Halloween traipses about in her glittery costume and sugar induced gaiety and people just swoon.  Poor Thanksgiving.  We eat our pie and then get up in the middle of the night to focus on Christmas.  I was at Hobby Lobby last weekend and they were already marking down their Thanksgiving stuff to clearance prices.  And that was nearly 2 weeks before Thanksgiving ever got here. 

I for one will enjoy Thanksgiving in all of its glory!  I will wake up and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade from start to finish.  I absolutely love watching the parade.  I love the balloons, the Broadway numbers, the bands, the Rockettes...all of it!


 When I was a freshman in high school, I got to be in the Macy's Parade with my show choir.  It was one of the best experiences of my life.  Walking through the streets of New York City (well, we sang and danced our way through most of them) and seeing all those people lining the streets was a remarkable privilege and wonderful memory.  My sweet husband obliges me and lets me watch the entire thing each Thanksgiving.  I can't wait to one day snuggle up with my babies while the food is cooking and watch the parade with them!  Such a simple pleasure, but I love it so much!

We plan on sharing a meal with friends of ours and hanging out with them in the afternoon, then we'll skip over to visit more friends at another event.  It will be a wonderful day, followed by another one for me as I have off of work (woohoo paid holidays!) and plan on decorating my house for Christmas and crafting to my little heart's content. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment