Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Always Up to Something...

Three months from today I will be 31.

Thirty.  One.

I'm ok with it.  More than ok actually.  So far, my 30's are cranking up to be a very good decade.  It amazes me though how quickly time goes by.  How we wish and wish for the next season and then wake up one day and think, "Where did the past 3 years go?" 

Time's a funny thing like that.  One thing I love is that God working is as consistent as time passing by.  He is always, always, always moving.  Working within us.  Moving around us.  Making things happen.  Keeping things from happening.  He is the ultimate verb; always in motion.  The God who does.

I was thinking earlier today about the people in my life where God's movement is evident.  I love, love, love seeing Him so at work in the lives of those around me.

I have a friend getting her nursing degree and busting her way through all of that.  I have a friend who just decided to quit her job and be a stay at home mom.  I have friends raising money to bring their baby home from another country.  I have a friend who is quite possibly starting a whole new career.  I have friends who are being held so tenderly by God after experiencing a miscarriage.  I know people who are experiencing the new world of life after college and are in that sweet place of trust and tension where they don't know what God is doing, but He's there and He's teaching them things.  I have a friend who has decided with her husband to get out of debt and be better stewards of their money.  I could go on and on.

It's refreshing for me to see the movement of God in the lives of those around me.  Sometimes it feels as though God isn't working in my life, and I think seeing him so active in the lives of others reminds me that He is working.  Often when I can't see what He's doing in my own life it's sweet of Him to show me His presence in the lives of others.  And sometimes, when God is doing something big and evident in my life, it's good to know that others will see that and be encouraged.

Three months to thirty one.  It doesn't seem like that long of a time period.  Yet I know that God can accomplish a lot in that short amount of time.  I'm excited to watch him work over these next few months, both in my life and in the lives of those around me.  Oh how much our God accomplishes!  And here I thought that I get a lot done sometimes!


No comments:

Post a Comment