Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Silliness...

I stumbled upon this little gem earlier this week...

Back story:  Before my husband was my husband, and before he was my boyfriend, he was my best friend (sweet when you read it here but agony when you're living it and suddenly realize that you have fallen for your best friend and aren't sure what he's feeling.  That's a story for another day though).  Anyways, when we were friends, I went with him to visit his family back in upstate New York.  We got stuck in traffic and as I usually always have paper and pen with me for whenever creativity may strike, I penned this little number:

We're stuck in traffic in the middle of Virginny,
Surrounded by cars and trucks a plenty!
We really don't know why we're standing still,
Dave is wondering, "What's the deal?"
Maybe there's a wreck all over the lanes,
Now covered with blood and guts and brains.
Maybe a chicken truck spilled all its load
and now there is poultry all over the road!
Whatever it is, this is what I say-
Get off the road so we can be on our way!


(A bit callous and I do apologize if I have offended anyone with the brain and guts part.  At the time I think I remember that I had told him that I could write a poem in under 5 minutes and he didn't believe me. Thus, I was going for speed and not content) :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment