Monday, March 11, 2013

DIY Chevron Bag

This didn't turn out as well as I had hoped (so sad!), but it was OK.

I bought one of those plain canvas bags at Hobby Lobby along with some blue fabric paint.  I found a chevron pattern online that I liked and started taping away.  (that part was time consuming)


Next, it's time to paint!

I did several coats and I *think* that if I had immediately removed the tape while the paint was still wet, it would have turned out better.  As it was, I sat down to watch TV, forgot about my craft, and didn't pull the tape off until the next day.  The paint had seeped through some places so my lines look messy, which is why I say it wasn't so great a project.  I did some research though and from what I read, removing the tape while it's still wet may have prevented that from happening.

The finished product.  You can see the messiness in the bottom right corner.  Still, it's functional!



No comments:

Post a Comment