Sunday, April 7, 2013

31 Flavors

 
31 Flavors


Sometimes, you just need moments of self definition.  Which, I suppose, is a way of saying that sometimes you need to sit and talk about yourself :)  I think that writing descriptions about ourselves makes us ponder who we want to be, who we actually are, and if those two people look anything alike.  (I think it's why we all stress and edit over what our Facebook profile says).  So, a bit of self indulgence today--

31 random things about me:

1.  My first name is compliments of this fine gentleman. (incidentally, my roomie in college was also an Amanda, and her parents got her name from the Waylan Jennings version of this song)

2.  When I was a little girl, I was obsessed with the Little House books, to the extent that my mom sewed me prairie dresses and I acted like Laura Ingalls every change I got.

3.  I like my orange juice over ice. Weird, I know.

4.  My favorite book of all time is Silas Marner, by George Eliot.  Who knew a classic would end up being my favorite?

5.  Going with unpainted toenails in the warmer months is akin to me as going out naked.  They must be painted!

6.  I am easily startled.  As in, I know that my husband's home and he'll come into the room I am in, and it will scare me senseless. Ridiculous.

7.I am pale as a ghost but actually tan really well (thank you Cherokee Indian ancestors for that!)

8. I put salt and pepper on my mac and cheese.  It is the only way.

9. Texture of food is a big deal to me.  If I don't like how it feels in my mouth, I don't eat it.

10. I possess no athletic skill whatsoever.  I do not exaggerate when I say this.  It is very sad.

11.  I am an avid letter writer and have been since I was a little girl.  There is nothing quite like snail mail.

12.  My eyes were blue when I was born.  Then they were grey.  Then they were hazel.  Now they are green.  I think I need to write a book about them entitled, 'The traveling eye color' or something.

13.  I have crazy long fingers.

14.  And freakishly large hands for a girl.

15.  I am right handed but left eye dominant.

16.  I have never broken a bone,

17. or been skiing,

18.  But am convinced that the first time I ski, I will break my first bone.

19.  When I was little, I had a huge southern accent (think something from Honey Boo Boo).  Today, I am happy to report that my husband, who is from NY state, says he never thought that I had an accent.  I've had people ask me where I am originally from when I tell them I live in TN cause they can't believe I'm from the south.  Here's to not sounding stupid. :)

20.  My first time out of the country was a mission trip to Ecuador.  I fell in love with the place.

21.  When I was a little girl I thought it would be cool to be a truck driver, so that I could see the country and stop at diners to eat.

28.  I love Halloween.  Call me a pagan.

29.  I think those little candy pumpkins have a lot to do with #28

30.  I think there is a part of me that is still in love with Gilbert Blythe.

31.  I was in college before I ever saw The Princess Bride.  My childhood clearly was not as perfect as it could and should have been because of this.



No comments:

Post a Comment