Friday, April 19, 2013

On my bookshelf

I have got to find some books to read that don't end up being part of a series.  I mean seriously, everything I read recently and love, has another book that isn't even out yet.  And Knoxville library system is atrocious and I will likely be hitting a mid life crisis years from now before I get my hands on these sequels (curses!)

Anywho, I read Daughter of Smoke and Bone on the recommendation of a friend who has fantastic taste in books.  She proved herself once again because this book was fantastic.  The first half had me spellbound; the storyline was so different and the main character I just loved.  The second half of the book completely surprised me in the direction it went, but in a good way. 

It's interesting to me that I am getting into so much YA fantasy lately.  Growing up I was not a fantasy genre fan at all; I didn't like the suspension of reality.  But what I am finding is that there is so much reality even in a fantasy setting, that sometimes these stories have more 'realness' to them than just ordinary fiction.  Does that make sense?  If you like YA fantasy, then you need to read this, and then buy the sequel when it comes out and let me borrow it, K? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment