Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Rainy Day

It's a rainy Wednesday today.  I had to double check and really make sure that it is indeed Wednesday. I am having one of those weeks where my days are off.  We had a huge event here at work yesterday and my allergies are hitting me hard which makes my brain fuzzy and I haven't had a good night's sleep in ages.  All of which contribute to my being unsure what day it is.  I haven't been to the gym consistently which always makes me feel yuck, and yeah.  I'm not having a bad week at all.  Just a tired, brain-fuzzy one.

Today is Administrative Assistant's Day.  In some ways it's silly to have days that celebrate a certain profession.  (We don't have a Trashman's Day or City Sewer Worker Day, and I certainly appreciate those people!)  But, it's nice to be appreciated.  There is a Christian book store here in town that always has a breakfast with fun take home gifts and a great speaker each year on this day and I always look forward to that.  I was really blessed by my co-workers today, too!  Lots of fun treats and gift cards, which totally makes my week.  I love unexpected good things like that.

Can you believe it's almost May?  Me neither.  First of all, the weather.  Hello spring, you are supposed to be 75 and sunny not 67 and wet.  I will try to be content with you, but really, I'd like to pack away my winter shoes and bare my toes on all days, not just some of them, K?  Time, she does fly!  I have two fun trips coming up in May and a heap load of projects I want to get done.  I am totally one of those people that feels best when I am productive.  And spring fever is setting in and I want to hit my list hard and, as Larry the Cableguy would say, "Gettir done!".

What about you?  Any plans for May?

No comments:

Post a Comment