Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Interview with myself

So I saw this little interview over at Erin's blog and thought it would be fun (really, self definition can be so enlightening.  And entertaining).  So, here we go.  A little interview with myself.

1.  If you could do one thing differently in your life, what would it be?  I think I would have sat down and realistically looked at my options for choosing a major and career.  I loved my major (Human Development and Family Studies), but it was a horrible pick for a career/job that can feed you more than Ramen noodles. I with I wouldn't have been so naive as to think "It doesn't matter 'cause I'll just get married and have babies right away."  Granted, at that young age who knew if I had known myself well enough to know what I wanted, but I wish I would have given it more serious thought.

2.  Where do you see yourself in 5 years?  At home with my babies (hopefully in five years we'll at least have number 2 in the oven).  I hope we have a house and that we are debt free except for it (and close to that) and that I have written and (maybe published?) another book.  And that we have a plan together for our next set of goals and plans for our life.

3.  Do you honestly want kids?  Oh yes.  Not an option.  If I have to get a van and just go through city streets and pick up kids that need a family that's what I'll do!  We're excited to see how and when God puts our family together.

4.  What has been the best moment of your life so far?  Can you really qualify life like that?  I've had lots of great moments but no best one.  Epiphanies with God, the day I got married was pretty kick butt awesome, the time Dave turned around in the middle of a Syracuse basketball game to tell me that he loved me, when I read the email that my book was being published.  I've had lots of good moments.

5.   What is your life theme song?  Oh golly, so many options to choose from! Maybe this one:


or this one:


or this one:



6.  What is one thing you have yet to accomplish that you want to do before you die?  I have a list for this.  First, I want a real paper book published (I have an ebook and while I still get giddy over that fact, I want one in paper form).  I want to see the Grand Canyon and frolic over Prince Edward Island and sweet goodness, I must get to Europe (specifically London and Saltzburg, and Rome...and Paris and Germany...all of it really).

7.  If you could choose one thing to be known for, what would it be?  I want to be known as a woman of peace and gentleness, who does not fly off the handle at little life annoyances but is in a state of calm because she knows God has everything taken care of.  I am very, very far away from being this woman.

8.  If you could do anything you wanted right in this very moment (no consequences, no fear, etc) what would it be?  My first thought was binge eat (no consequential pounds added, right?  HA!), but really, I think I would just leave work and go sit in Panera and write for hours (eating bagels of course if they wouldn't affect me).

9.  What has been the most challenging moment in your life?  There have been many, but the most challenging was letting go of my family; I fought so hard at first to keep that together but man, I just couldn't and finally God pried my fingers loose and I had to trust that He knew what He was doing.  That whole season of life was hard, hard, hard.

10.  Summarize yourself in one word:  Ha-I remember a college interview where they asked me to describe myself in one word and I said "indescribable".  So that's what I'll stick with.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment