Monday, June 3, 2013

Back to normal

Ya'll, this week is going to be hard.  It's been over two weeks since I worked a full work week.  Oh vacation, you have spoiled me!

We had a lovely road trip over Memorial Day weekend.  Great weather, good friends and food and conversation. I forget sometimes how much I love good conversation with people!  And we had a lot of it on our trip!  It was a nice, refreshing trip.

Then last week I was only at work for two days before I left for Atlanta to go to a Beth Moore event with my friend Ashley.  Oh my, Beth brought the word this past weekend!  Lots of good truth and God did a lot of stirring in my heart.  I'm excited to see what will come of these stirrings and visions He is giving me.  I haven't seen Ashley since my wedding three years ago so it was so nice to visit and catch up and encourage one another.  I'm so thankful that God has led me to the friends I have; I do not know where I would be without them in my life.  I've learned the value over recent years of quality over quantity when it comes to friendship.  I don't have a lot of close friends, but those that I have are invaluable to me.  I'd rather have that handful than heaps and bounds of lesser friends.

And now, we are starting a new week, jam packed with things.  It's going to be a busy summer for us, and a busy week this week for me.  I'm learning though that busy weeks are normal, and craziness is just another word for life.  I'm trying hard not to get so overwhelmed at things, but to take it all in stride, relying not on my own ability but on Jesus to make it through.  If I don't have a desperate reliance on Him every day, well, then something is wrong with what I'm doing.  Craziness dealt with while leaning full weight on Christ is completely doable.  So, this week will be good if only I can remember not to try to stand on my own two feet, but to rest myself fully in him instead.  Here's to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment