Friday, July 12, 2013

Feeling Stuck

I once had a mentor of mine describe as a tornado in a bottle.  It is a very apt description.  I hate sitting still and doing nothing.  I detest boredom.  I really hate when I can't get things done.

I am a go, go, go and do, do, do type of person.  Nothing gets me more energized than getting things done.  I love working on stuff.  Somehow, as a result of my type A personality, the work ethic instilled in me since childhood, and God's good design of me, I am a doer and a go-getter.

Which is why weeks like this drive me nuts.

I have a massive to-do list right now.  Tons of projects that I am excited about working on, things that need to get done, things I want to get done.

Monday around lunch I got a migraine out of nowhere.  Bleh.  Turns out it was a really, really bad one.  Stayed home all day Tuesday, only worked half a day Wednesday.  Darn little sucker took a lot out of me, and now I have what I affectionately call a migraine hangover.  Boo!  So, needless to say I have been sidelined all week.  No getting things done, no doing much of anything other than sleeping and laying awake in a state of psuedo-consciousness.

I hate not doing things.  I hate being out of my routine.  I hate having a dirty kitchen.  But, my body is one powerful boss and must be obeyed.  It leaves me in such a funk.  I want to feel normal (normal for me anyways).  I want to have energy and a brain that is processing correctly and quickly.  I want to go to the gym and go to work and not feel like I need to go back to bed at 10 am.  I want to get things done and feel that surge of euphoria that comes from doing something I enjoy and being productive.

I really think that, for me, sometimes getting out of a funk involves getting over physical mess and getting back to it.  A to-do list waits for no man.  And I cannot wait to run and catch up with mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment