Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Thoughts as of late

1.  I am slightly obsessed with the new baby prince.

Royal Family
You know what I love?  That Kate Middleton wasn't afraid to show her "I had a baby yesterday" belly.  None of this American celebrity go into seclusion and emerge a month later back at a size 0 craziness.  Classy and real.  And what a cutie that little baby is!  I joked yesterday that just as every girl of my generation had pics of hunky Prince William pinned up in her room and glued to her binders in school, now the daughters of the my generation will have a hunky prince to swoon over.

2.  I have totally fallen off of my one soda a week wagon.  As in, I am consuming way too much of the sugary carbonated goodness that I should not be having.  Curses!!  I keep telling myself that I can get back on my healthy kick but man, it is eluding me like anything substantial eludes the hosts of that "Searching for Bigfoot" show on TV.

3.  It's almost August.  That makes me want to cry.  How is summer winding down already?  Granted, we still have over a month left of summer and summer weather and all that jazz, and I'm not in school so the fact that school starts back in about 2 weeks here doesn't bother me (other than the obscene amount of traffic that comes with it).  Still, I love summer.  Love, love, love it.  As a kid I loved Fall the most and clearly I was delusional.  We also had a garage so chilly mornings did not phase me.  I was naive and silly.

Now, I love summer.  I love the warmth and the smell of the morning and the green-ness of it.  I love being tan and swimming and drinking icees, which granted, can be done during all seasons but are most enjoyed from June-August.  The ending of summer makes me sad.  Fall is still good but it's bittersweet because I know that horrid winter soon follows and I abhor cold and the absence of sunshine.  I need a tan before this whole summer shindig is over.  Not a burn, which brings me to my next point:

4.  Hubs was in a volleyball tournament about a month ago and playing volleyball outside for hours gave him this:


Pretty stellar, yes?  I thought so.

5.  I got my first royalty check from my book that got published.  It was not a big check at all.  But the mere presence of it made me a wee bit giddy.  I can now say I get paid (a very teeny tine amount) to write. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment