Monday, August 5, 2013

Moving Day

I have lived in the same place for 8 years.

I forgot how horrid moving can be.

We finally moved in this weekend, after working for 5 straight weeks to get the house ready to be moved into.  We got a good start Thursday night and Friday and Saturday got lots done with the help of some friends of ours.  We were feeling good because the only thing left in our old house was an assortment of odds and ends.

Silly us.

Those odds and ends mated and multiplied throughout the night because my stars it took FOREVER to get them all loaded.  We packed up our last load after 10 last night.

And you know what's not fun?  Realizing you don't have a shower curtain and having to run to Walmart at 9:30 at night.

On tax free weekend.

Sweet glory, I never pray for the second return of Jesus more than when I am waiting at the check out line of Walmart.  I made it out alive, and with two shower curtains, just to be safe.

So now all of our stuff is in the new house, though I have no idea where anything is.  We were in such a rush yesterday that all sorts of stuff got thrown together in unlabeled boxes.  So now we have oodles of boxes EVERYWHERE with no idea what's in them.  We don't have shelves in our closets or pantry and no closet rods put up, so when I say everything is everywhere, I mean it.  I am slightly type A (and by slightly I mean slightly in the same way Kim Kardashian is slightly obsessed with how she looks or how politicians are slightly liars).  I cannot handle having things everywhere.  Last night I couldn't get my brain to turn off so was lying awake at 3 am.  I would have gotten up to take Benadryl or something to help me sleep but then remembered that although I know we own Benadryl, I have no idea where it is.

One thing at a time is my new motto. There are so many things that are a priority right now and I'm so overwhelmed by all of it.  Bit by bit.  Hopefully by end of this week things look somewhat better and I am less likely to break out in hives at the sight of the mess.  And if I do, I pray I at least have found my Benadryl...

No comments:

Post a Comment