Wednesday, August 28, 2013

On my bookshelf

So really, Satan must be wearing a parka this week.  Our local library system is a joke.  They don't carry enough copies of popular books.  When "The Help" was out I requested a hold and waited 6 months for my turn.  A bit ridiculous.  So when "Siege and Storm" was released June 4, imagine my surprise when I got it from the library last week.  And, double luck, I was able to get the first book in the series, "Shadow and Bone" with it so I could reread it to refresh my mind with details before reading the 2nd book.


Ya'll, I love love love this series.  It still shocks me that I am so into YA fantasy when as a rule I hated fantasy genre growing up.  Now it's my favorite thing.  Maybe because there is more of it and it's much better quality than what was available to me as a teen?  I don't know.  What I do know is that I love this story.  I love the plot and the characters (though, this one had one of those "just tell him!!!" moments and those I cannot stand, but really, I think it's a truth of human spirit that we distrust people and fear rejection that must get included in stories I suppose though it drives me nutso).  The third book is coming out at some point next year.  I rarely buy books but this little trilogy will probably be one that I want to own.

If you like fantasy stories and stories about good and evil and about the non-popular girl being chosen, oooo, do get your hands on this!  And if you want to send me a present in the mail, well, I'm just saying you have a good hint right here ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment