Friday, August 23, 2013

Top 5 Pinterest Recipes: Desserts


Really, I think Pinterest has been responsible for the last 5 pounds that I have gained.  I have plucked so many good recipes from there, most of the dessert variety.  My Pinterest dessert board is entitled "Cavities and Diabetes", appropriately so.  It was hard to narrow down, but here are my favorite five sweets recipes that I have discovered.

1.  Banana Caramel Pie (also called Banofee Pie)


My friend Eleanor who is an amazing cook had taught me about turning to condensed milk to caramel and making a pie out of it.  This little gemsimply added bananas.  Bam!  So stinkin good.  Diabetes inducing though...really rich and sweet.  Amazing.  The last one I made Dave and I sat down with it between us, each of us with a fork in hand.  

2.  Carmelitas


Oh man, scrumptious little suckers are to die for.  Good on so many levels I cannot even tell you.  Definitely the type of recipe that you don't want to make for company or get togethers 'cause you just don't wanna share.  

3.  Homemade Butterfinger Bars



Your life is about to be changed for the better. Butterfingers are ok but not my favorite.  Enter this amazing 3 ingredient recipe.  I made a tray of cookies and things for Dave's office for Christmas and this was the first thing to disappear.  So amazing I cannot even tell you.  Stock up on cheap candy corn after Halloween like I did (I still have 10 bags or so at home) and you can have these puppies year round.  No body better lay a finger on my (homemade) butterfinger!

4.  Easy blondies


Sometimes when you want something sweet you want it without having to go through a lot of effort.  I'm not too partial to break and bake cookies so I always love recipes for something homemade and sweet that are easy to throw together.  These tasty little guys certainly fit the bill.  I use white cake mix instead of yellow but I'm sure that would be just as good.  Yummo!

5.  Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


I am one of those people that starts a countdown in September for when Pumpkin Spice Lattes will come out at Starbucks.  Pumpkin is wonderful.  And this recipe is perfection.  Perfect for Fall, or any other time of year if you're like me and buy up Libby's pumpkin in bulk during the fall and stockpile it in your kitchen to last the rest of the year.  Cause let's be honest: pumpkin can be enjoyed at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment