Friday, September 6, 2013

Today

Listening: to my "Lumineers" station on Pandora.  Love the feel of that station.  And I have been introduced to Ellie Holcomb, who I have found that I like immensely.

Eating: an apple.  Normally I don't eat fruit much anymore because mono destroyed my body's ability to digest anything, and fruit is it's nemesis.  It's apple season though and who can refuse a good Gala apple?  Not this girl. Oh man, makes me crave an apple fritter from Penland's Apples in Elijay.

Drinking: Water.  We had to replace our water filters in our house because they got so full they weren't working, and we haven't had time to hook them up yet and our tap water is the type of stuff you give to prisoners of war to break them, so I have been craving water like an addict in rehab craves the good stuff.  Could drink it forever.

Wearing: as many summer things as possible as the changing of the seasons is in the air and I do not like it one little bit.  Admittedly, I love fall, but I hate it because I know cold and dark mornings and dark evenings and dry skin and all things blah follow it.  Boo hiss.

Feeling: Ready for a room in our house to be put together.  Eager to start baking and cooking in my new kitchen (things are still so strewn about that I haven't gotten into it).  Mournful over the fact that summer is coming to a close.

Weather: Still warm and summery but with a hint of fall in the air.  It's breezy and the sky is a deeper shade of blue.

Wanting: To sit and read and read and read for hours on end.  A good run outside (still too hot in the afternoon for that, at least for me. I am not that hard core).  A pumpkin spice latte.  Still a little too hot out for that too but really, I could enjoy one A-ok despite the heat.

Needing: A good night's sleep.  I keep waking up and immediately my brain starts whirring around like a hamster on a wheel and I can't get it to be quiet and settle down.  My brain is like a 4 year old child evidently.

Thinking: Too much about everything lately.  Although, to be fair, when do I not?  Thinking about is it worth it to pay for amazon prime and what is going to happen at the end of the season of 24 that we are watching and I wonder if I can find an all natural substitute for Crisco and what movies are coming out soon and I need to remember to wash the sheets at home tonight.

Enjoying: Owning a house and how good it feels to go home to it each day, despite the work that awaits me there.  Trying to enjoy the process and the moments and not wish myself to the end too soon.  Enjoying having health insurance including vision coverage (hello eye exam, it has been too long!).  Enjoying coffee in the morning and leg workouts that make me sore as can be and season 5 of 24 and putting books on hold at the library.  

No comments:

Post a Comment