Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October

Today is October 1st.

Crazy that this time of year is upon us already.  I say it all the time, but it's really insane how time moves so fast.  It reminds me to enjoy the normal days, the little moments that make up life.

October is starting out as a bit of a crazy month.  My car was put in a medically induced coma last weekend while hubs and a buddy of ours replaced the water pump, which involved taking out (and replacing) just about every other piece under the hood.  I am happy to admit that the water pump is replaced and working...but now something else is leaking.  Not too surprising considering the intense surgery this car underwent and the fact that most things in her are 15 years old.

So, for now, she is disassembled and in the garage.  We're hoping we can put her back together enough to take her to an urgent care clinic sometime this week and let them diagnose her.  I miss my car.  Hubs has been my taxi which means I am the mercy of his schedule and been working 9+ hour days at work some days.  I want to run errands and go to the gym!  Oh, the gym!  My body does not tolerate not working out.  I can't sleep and I keep getting headaches and all around feel like poo.  Hopefully we can get my car back in my hands soon, if for no other reason so that I don't balloon up in weight due to lack of exercise.

My in laws are coming to visit this month which excites me greatly because I love them tons and because we've never been able to have them stay with us before in our teeny little rental house.  Now we have ample space for them and their two little doggies.  It is going to be a grand old time.

We still have lots to do on the house.  We've gotten a little stalled out and behind because we've been dealing with the car fiasco.  I'm learning to let go of lists and deadlines and expectations of when and how things will get done.  Things will get done eventually.  For now, I have a real size oven to bake in and lots of warm water for my hot shower habit, so we're good.  And I am thankful.

31 days in this month.  How is God going to surprise me?  The thought just came to me that maybe he will, in one way or another, or perhaps a whole host of ways.  I guess we'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment