Friday, October 18, 2013

Shed some light on it

My wonderful father-in-law knocked a ton of things off of our to-do list while he was here.  He also made about 16 trips to Home Depot.  And my mother-in-law made goulash.  And lasagna.  I really think they need to come visit more often.

Anywho, one of the projects my father in law did was change out this gaudy chandelier


to this nicer, working one:

So much better, yes?  We can actually see in the dining room now.  Which was really fun because while they were here we actually ate a meal on our dining room table.  I don't know that there has ever been a meal consumed at that table before.  Dave and I don't eat on it now (we eat in the living room 'cause we're fancy and formal like that).  But it's nice to know that when we have people over, we'll have a place to put them.

I have big plans for the dining room, which includes stripping down that horridly dark wallpaper and repainting the entire thing.  I have the paint, I just need to get the motivation to do it.  Hopefully in the next month or so I'll get that taken care of. In the mean time, at least I can see what I'm doing in there.


No comments:

Post a Comment