Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A very merry unbirthday...


So yesterday was my half birthday.

I realized it in the afternoon, which was very discouraging, because hello!  I could have been half celebrating all day!  Eating half a cake, taking a half day off of work, having half a parade in my honor...Birthdays are a big deal to me.

And half birthdays are good markers of time.  They make me stop and evaluate.

It's been 6 months since my last birthday and a lot has happened.  On my last birthday we were trying to buy our house but in the middle of it.  And it was crazy stressful.

Since then, we bought the house and have done scads of work on it.  We've had 2 sets of visitors.  I've finished the rough (and I mean rough) draft of my story.  Gotten back into hour long workouts.  Had my car suffer a stroke.  (She's recovered mostly now, thank goodness).  And God has pulled me to intercede and pray more, which has been really rewarding, not just for prayers answered but for the power I feel He is showing me through it.

So what will the next 6 months hold?  I have some goals in mind.  Things in the house I would like to get done like finishing the trim in the kitchen and dining room, getting pics on the wall, doing some improvements in the yard.

I want to continue to craft my story and start on the sequel, which is going to be hard but wonderful I think if I can be disciplined enough to let it come to life.

There are people I am DYING to see and spend time with.  People I need to talk to on the phone more.  Letters I want to send and gifts I want to buy.

There are things I need to do to be obedient to God.  Things I want to learn.  That I need to learn.

I wonder what the next 6 months will hold and am excited and half scared out of my mind.  Six months isn't long.  But I've learned what it's amazing what God can pack into 180 days or so.

I'm giving him room to move.  Let's see what He does.

And in the meantime, enjoy half a cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment