Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The randomness that is my brain

My brain is somehow mush this week.  I think I have I-want-to-be-in-Florida-itis.  For real.  It was 80 degrees and sunny there last week.  I have tan lines.  In February.  Someday, I will live in Florida.

So now this week I am crazy tired for whatever reason and am having one of those weeks where I feel like I can't get anything done.  And I have handfuls of projects that I just need to sit on for a bit and let them stew but at the same time I need to get things done because I love getting things done.  It gives me energy to have things done.  The combination of these things means that my brain is pulled apart and stretched to the point it has holes in it, the way cheap pizza dough does.  So, in an attempt to get it all out, let's do bullet points, shall we?


  • I think I need a writing retreat weekend.  I don't have any solid ideas in my head, but at the same time I feel like I need hours of uninterrupted time to write.  I am working on edits for story #1, the sequel needs working on and now that I have skipped working on story #3 for about two months I am itching to see what I can do with it.  And I have a full time job, a husband, Jesus, and a renovation house to take care of.  Admittedly, I am having a hard time figuring out how to fit it all in.  And this week I feel so segmented and that things are getting done in fits and spurts.
  • I'm part of an online critique forum/group and it's great getting feedback but it also makes me desperate and frantic because all these ideas hit me at once and I want to rewrite my entire manuscript but feel overwhelmed by it and at the same time read all these other things by other people and think to myself, 'no way in heck can I ever write this well!'.  Over.  Whelming.
  • Plus, I have 2 books from the library, another one on hold, one I ordered from amazon that a friend wrote that's being shipped, and another that arrived today that is an advanced copy that I won.  How am I supposed to fit it all in??  Ah!!!  I want to read it all at once.  And there are only so many hours in the day.  And American Idol to watch.
  • I'm trying to figure out how I want to hang pics in my living room.  This is one of those things I need to sit on.  Patience, grasshopper.
  • I am not a patient person.
  • We have mice in our kitchen.
  • Did I mention that I am overwhelmed this week?
  • I am trying to get better about not freaking out.  About taking the day and not letting the day take me. My husband helps me do this.  How do 2 type-A people ever stay married?  Dave is laid back and thank the good Lord for it.  
  • We were out of town and missed two Sundays of church. I miss it.  I want to sleep with the Bible under my pillow and have it seep into my brain via osmosis.  I remember these commercials they ran when I was little for orange juice where a little girl would stick a straw in an orange and drink orange juice from it.  If there was a way to stick a straw into a Bible and drink it in, I want to do it.  
  • CJ is my fav on American Idol this year
  • I made a wonderful yummy batch of pure refined sugar goodness tonight.  It helped make the mice discovery not so horrible.
  • March is 2 days away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment